The 5th Global Health Care Fraud Prevention Summit was held in San Diego, California, Monday, November 16 and Tuesday, November 17, 2015.
The Summit was held in conjunction with NHCAA’s 2015 Annual Training Conference.
The Summit Format
The Summit began with general sessions highlighting over-arching global fraud prevention themes, then broke down into small group discussions to encourage interaction and the flow of ideas and information among the participants. Also, an invitation-only evening reception and dinner took place as a great networking opportunity.
Topics of discussion included:
- The role of organized crime in trans-national fraud schemes
- Counterfeit pharmaceuticals and other pharmaceutical issues
- International cooperation in information sharing and law enforcement
- Emerging fraud detection and prevention technology
- Emerging schemes in specific regions